My 1st year college experience


Hello my dear readers 😇

I hope all of you are doing well in your life . Yesterday I completed my first year of Bsc Chemistry (Hons) course in SRM University, Sikkim. So today I would like to reflect back upon my 1st year journey and share my experience, learning and emotions with you based on it . 😊 So let's began - 

Before beginning with sharing all things that I mentioned above , I would like to express my sincere gratitude to God and all dear and respected  people of my life who encouraged me , guide me and helped me a lot in this journey - my parents , school teachers, professors , school friends , juniors , seniors and new friends of college.😊🙏 

 I remembered before taking admission in my college and starting my online learning I was excited about my college life and  doubtful too about few things - how will be college's professor , will I be able to open up with them nicely like I was with my high school teachers or not and will I be able to maintain balance between studies and learning other necessary skills to fulfill my dreams. But right now I am so glad to be student of SRM University Sikkim. I got open up with them nicely in very few days. All of my respected professor are very helpful . They have a great passion in helping us to build our basics , to give us knowledge about more advance level of our subjects and they also encourage us to ask our doubts freely to them at anytime and learn other skills also along with studying well . 

Along with conducting regular classes our professors organized many online webinars  during my 1st year journey. Initially I wasn't  showing so much interest in it . But later on when one of our professor  explained nicely to us - importance of attending it for our bright future , I started taking it seriously. Although I could not understand everything that was being taught in webinar like our professors used to get but I used to make sure that I learn atleast few things from it by listening actively and ask one or two  questions  also at the end of  most webinars for my betterment. 

I started taking my studies little more seriously and  working hard to remove some laziness also that I have and improve my knowledge and performance.  I am glad to see my progress in few of my weak topics this year . I tried to show more maturity  in my thinking and actions because I understood that as we reach to new stage of our life  that time along with increase in opportunities , our chances of enjoyment in life decreases a bit and responsibilities on our shoulder increases which we should try our best to fulfill happily . In order to fulfill it properly it is very important for us to show maturity and work upon changing our thinking and actions in some ways where they  are wrong .

Initial days of our online learning was like revising basic topics of our subjects that we learnt in high school. After some weeks we learned some new topics such as stereochemistry in great detail , C programming , vectors , differential equation in great detail etc during our 1st year with good enthusiasm and perseverance.

Since we could go to college for only few days due to pandemic so I could not make so much memories with my new friends . We could create memories only when we went to each other's house and whenever we studied together by voice calls or video call for long time.  It was fun , memorable as well as useful for both me and my friends . I felt more confident  upon my learning whenever I was able to teach any topic nicely to them. We got chance to learn many new things about particular topic by brainstorming upon each other's doubts while studying together. At days when me or my friend used  to feel low because  of difficulties that we were facing in some topics , we used to be encourager  for each other and appreciate each other when any of us progressed . Along with studying together at times, we  share our happiness, old memories of schools , goals , like- dislike and problems with each other.😊🌺

I got chance to do extra course by Younity community because of my close friend Sriya  to improve my writing skills and in coming days I will be doing some more online courses from same community to learn new skills that will be beneficial for me in long run .    I realised recently that to be successful in our career in future along with having strong command in our respective subjects , it's very important for all students to start working on developing their required skills as early as possible from their school or college life itself. I  started working upon handling my emotions properly and understanding my responsibilities in better way .

I learnt few more valuable lessons . They are - 

Making friends, spending good time with them and helping them whenever it is possible for you ( except during exam) is good. But excepting so much from anybody and believing that you will always stay connected no matter what hurts  sometimes because all of us have some goals and responsibilities which will and should be our first priority due to which at days we unwillingly fail to give time to our dear people . So let's be good to everyone , pray for our people instead of getting upset or angry with them when we could not connect with them who are special to us and focus more on our growth , learning and studies then we will see good progress in us in our field as well as become strong  emotionally . 

Keeping open mind is very important if you want to learn well and don't want to miss any opportunities that will help in your career as well as growth . It become quite easy for us to adapt ourselves in new learning mode and new environment when we keep our learning atitude alive and hesitation aside . 

Thank you my readers for giving your precious time and reading my blog.😊 I hope you enjoyed going through it . I will be eagerly waiting for your honest feedback.😊🌷 Best wishes to all students for their college life.👍 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End of my UG

My 2nd year college experience ( UG )

Personal Freedom